Monday, August 6, 2012

Musical adventures

So tonight was a rather turbulent one, in terms of relations at the living quarters. So I became a recluse in my room and settled into doing something which I could do pretty much every night of my life__searching for new bands, artists and songs. Never mind that I have two extensive articles that I have to read for my 'Ecocriticism" English Honours bullshit course tomorrow morning. So I pushed the more academic matters aside in favour of making myself happy. As tradition has it, well in my case, when I am feeling upset or out of sorts, I immerse myself in Bon Iver's music. After listening to a brilliant recording of Justin Vernon and Sean Carey at AIR Studios for about 24 minutes, I proceeded to listen to as many songs on Youtube as possible before I became fearful that my cap would run out. I have not moved away from my desk in the last four hours, and for this I thank the fabulous music site Hype Machine. My ears have been treated to the sweet selection that the 'Popular' tab presents. Tonight's musical orgasm has included such a varied mix of artists. I have had the pleasure of listening to a soulful, simple edit of a Marvin Gaye song, an energetic Deadmua5 mix that nearly had me off my seat, some Alt-J, which I definitely need to get more of and do some research on the band, a really sexy version of Lana Del Ray's 'National Anthem' mixed by Fred Falke and others, not to mention a bit of Miike Snow ft. Lykke Li and Grizzly Bear. My night has been considerably improved, and for this I have music to thank. Over & out.

No comments:

Post a Comment