Monday, August 13, 2012

Back to the Grindstone

So after two months of spending money, the time has come with no surprise to face the very little money that I have left. In fact, I am rather nervous to check my bank account, for fear that I will have to take stock of my situation and hold back on treats :). Today I returned to my waitressing job at a family restaurant in Stellenbosch, which serves really tasty pizza and steak. It was an uneventful evening, bar the table of 11 Germans who shared their love and tipped me nicely, and the crazy young Dutch guys who were looking for the best places to party in Cape Town. My manager described me as 'irie' to another new waiter, which I guess isn't such a bad thing, and I had a few quick bites of chocolate brownie to keep me going. Waitressing in South Africa is often far from glamorous or fun, but I guess it has to be done. And its a relatively easy way to come home a bit richer than before.
So maybe those treats are still within reach... ;)
Over & Out

No comments:

Post a Comment