Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Shitty Tuesday

I was rather irked today. Trying to find a parking on campus is one of the most tiresome and frustrating things about this town. So when I found one, which looked just about big enough to fit my car (Nissan Micra), I attempted to park. When I was three-quarters in, I thought I would be able to just squeeze my car in further, but I was wrong. So after reversing as far back as I could, I felt the gentle bump of my back bumper touching the front bumper of the car behind me. I didn't hit it hard, and barely felt it, so I tried again. After realising my attempts were futile, I gave up on the parking. Driving out slowly, a random woman ran out of a nearby building. I opened my window to see what she wanted, only to find that she was in fact the parking police in citizen form. In a heavy Afrikaans accent she said to me (with much condescension), "I see you have bumped into that car twice." So I asked if she knew whose it was. "No", she said, "but I think you should write a note on their car".

I mean SERIOUSLY!? What has it got to do with her, and what arbitrary secretarial job did she have that allowed her the time to watch students trying to park their cars? I was so irritated that she had the audacity to tell me what she thinks I should do. And then after the wonderful words of advice, she ran back into her little old building.

On a lighter note, the cops put their siren on as I was idling illegally on the wrong side of the road, about to jump out and check the other goddamn car. So I hot-footed in to the parking lot, didn't pay the meter, checked the other car for dents (zero) and strolled into class.

What a flipping story.

No comments:

Post a Comment